Daniel has chosen to share the recipe for his Mini Bacon and Shallot Brioche. These make delicious pre-dinner bread or could even be used as an accompaniment with breakfast.
Bacon and Shallot Brioche
- 500g Plain Flour
- 13g Salt
- 100g Sugar
- 8 Beaten Eggs
- 500g Butter
- 70g Yeast
- 200ml Warm Milk
- 1 x Shallot (finely Diced)
- 3 x Rashers of Back Bacon in chopped into small diced pieces
Suggested Case/mould size: 5cm Diameter by 2.5cm Height.
- Soften the butter and Beat until smooth.
- Add the yeast to warmed milk.
- Mix in all of the dry ingredients followed by the eggs and finally add the milk mixture and combine together mixing for 5 minutes.
- Then add the butter, mix thoroughly being careful not to over mix or the mixture can split.
- Pour all of the mixture into piping bags and leave to prove in a warm environment for 30mins.
- Knock the dough back a couple of times and place back in the piping bag filling the casings around ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the top of each brioche with the finely diced shallots and cooked chopped bacon.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the mould or case.
Try it out and let us know how you get on! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to news