This January Head Chef, Daniel Moon has decided to share his very tempting and tasty Mixed Nut Biscotti recipe.
We know you're trying to be good after Christmas but a small treat can't hurt......
Recipe - Serves 8
50g Blanched Hazelnuts
50g Blanched Pistachio Nuts
50g Blanched Almonds
1tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Table Salt
260g Plain Flower
150g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Cook Almonds for 8 minutes at 180°c, and remove from the oven to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°c
- In a bowl, lightly beat together, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and maple syrup
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Slowly add in the egg mixture until a dough begins to form, then add in hazelnuts, pistachio nuts and almonds, until dough becomes fully formed
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to approx.12 inches long and 4 inches wide. Place onto a lined baking tray and cook for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack
- Once cooled, cut into slices ½ inch thick diagonally and arrange evenly on a baking tray.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then turn the biscotti and bake for a further 6 minutes in the other side
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack
10 easy steps, you've just got to give it a try!Back to news