- Room Service
- Free WiFi
- Pets Allowed
Ston Easton Park undertakes huge historical garden restoration
Here at Ston Easton Park we are currently undergoing an extensive restoration to return our 18th century parkland to its former glory as a famous ‘Repton’ landscape.
At the start of 2017 we appealed for volunteers to contribute to this great historical challenge and were overwhelmed with the response. Over 50 volunteers got in touch with us - the image shows our first volunteer, pensioner Stan Cook from Wells, who is using his stone walling skills to rebuild this garden love seat in a long forgotten folly on our estate.
Ston Easton Park holds a fascinating history, with the estate surrounding the house having been designed by famous landscape architect, Humphry Repton. It is one of the most unique gardens in the UK and the only remaining Repton landscape in Somerset.
Using the Repton ‘Red Book’ - a facsimile documenting Repton’s ‘before’ and ‘after’ plans illustrated in beautiful watercolours - as a guide, it is hoped the lost grotto, paths and bridge in our historic grounds will be unearthed.
The project is expected to take huge amounts of effort and we expect it to be several years before it reaches its full potential.
Humphry Repton was a pupil and worthy successor of Capability Brown, the famous landscape gardener who designed gardens for royalty and the upper classes.
Like Brown, Repton saw gardening as an art form, using the landscape as his canvas to enhance natural beauty with art. Repton’s landscape gardening skills, developed by Brown, introduced terracing and gravel walks with separate flowerbeds and gardens.
Highly prestigious and fashionable, Repton’s designs were intricate, eclectic yet always in keeping with nature.
Special OffersView All →
Special EventsView All →
- Chilli DayJoin our Gardeners Dale & Steve for this...
- Wedding and Marquee Wedding & Marquee Showcase Event Sunday 6th...
- Annual Loofah Harvest Day Loofah Harvest with Two Course Lunch ...
- Murder Mystery NightMurder Myster Night with Prosecco Reception Dring...
- Christmas FairChristmas Fayre Saturday 30th November 2019 ...
- Shared Party NightAre you planning the perfect way to celebrate...
- Chilling Story TimeLive actor’s Chilling Story Telling (The...
- Live Band NightLive Band Night (Souled Out) Friday 20th...
- New Year's Eve Gala DinnerWelcome in the New Year with a magical evening in...
Find Out More
Highlight RoomsView All Rooms →
Each room is beautifully decorated and furnished with fine antiques and all Classic rooms have king-size, double, twin beds & seating areas within the room.
Extremely spacious with king-size or twin beds and large seating areas within the rooms. Magnificent antique furniture combines perfectly with lavish, contemporary fabrics.
With comfortable seating areas within the room, beautiful antiques and works of art and the choice of either a four-poster or king-size bed.